Tue 29 & Wed 30 Aug: 10.15am
The Transport Operations Centre is a state of the art control facility designed to respond to incidents, make proactive changes and keep Victorian's moving.
VicRoads Transport Operations Centre (TOC) operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year, to deliver real time traffic management to Victoria. The TOC handles over 400,000 calls a year, responding to incidents and events that may affect traffic safety or flow.
The tour will take participants out to the Ringwood office and include:
1. Introduction to TOC
2. Overview of teams within TOC and functions
3. Traffic Control Officer role and systems used
4. Meet/Greet Traffic Control Officers
Find out more about the Transport Operations Centre
Participants on this tour will learn:
- Overview of functions in the transport operations centre
- The roles and systems that keep a 24 hour TOC working
Max Participants: 15 (per tour group) - Tour duration: 2 hr 30 mins
Coach departure / return - at session times stated
MCEC Driveway, 1 Convention Centre Place (at Pan Pacific / Novotel Hotel end)
Health & Safety: As the centre and team are critical to state operations, covid safeguards remain in place. Participants must:
- Rapid antigen test to be completed on the day with a negative result, OR
- N95 mask to be worn for the duration of the tour (tests and masks supplied by TOC)
WHS induction sign-in required at TOC. Photos at TOC are not allowed.
Location of Technical Tour: Ringwood (distance: 31 km from MCEC)
TOUR TICKET: $50 inc GST (Tickets required, places are limited).
Tour 2 (Wed 30 Aug, 10.15am - 12.45pm): Purchase tickets here
Tour 1 (Tue 29 Aug, 10.15am - 12.45pm): FULLY BOOKED